Interview with Chanele Mc Guinness


Chanele Mc Guinness is a singer from Ireland.  In this interview, she's talking about her best moment with Paramore and other things about her that maybe you didn't know before...

Me : Hello Chanele! Please introduce yourself.
Chanele : Hello! My name is Chanele Mc Guinness. I'm a 19 year old, singer-songwriter from Ireland. I also LOVE uploading cover songs to Youtube!

Me : Besides guitar, can you play other music instruments? 
Chanele : I'm currently learning to play Ukelele and the Glockenspiel. Both of them are so much fun! :)

Me : What's your reason for finally decided to sing and play guitar then share it on youtube?
Chanele : I've been singing all my life and started learning guitar when I was 11. I was really into bands like Green Day and Nirvana and I was so inspired to pick up a guitar and start writing songs! Then I started learning more and more songs. I would practice in my room all the time. But I live in such a small town and there's not a big audience here. So I decided to take that next step and share my music to the whole world on Youtube. I just wanted to share and give to anyone possible.

Me : Who's your biggest inspiration?
Chanele : This is difficult to answer! My biggest female inspiration in the music industry is Hayley Williams. I think she is an incredible woman. She has shown me that a smart, beautiful woman can be that AND front a rock band at the same time. She is so genuine. I love that she stands up for her own morals & beliefs. She has kept her head on her shoulders through everything and I really admire that.

Me : From all your videos, which one is your favorite?
Chanele : There's a video called "Paper Route Medley".  I threw this together in like 20 minutes. It is a medley of songs that were unreleased at the time. So I was working off of little snippets that were on an advert for the new album, "The Peace Of Wild Things". So here I am, trying to take each part of every song and match them all up to make one big song! And at the same time trying to figure out the lyrics! Haha. It was so much fun. They (Paper Route) are also huge inspirations to me. 


Me : What's the best moment in your life so far?
Chanele : One of the best moments was definitely sharing the stage with Paramore in Belfast. I'm a huge fan of their music so it was such an honour to party onstage with them! I will never forget that moment :)

Me : One last question is... What is your next plan on music?
Chanele : Right now, I'm writing a lot! I'm hoping to record an EP in the coming months but for now I'm going to continue to upload covers and originals to youtube. 

Onstage with Paramore @ King's Hall, Belfast (Misery Business)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Joe Simmons from Against The Current

About Colleen D'Agostino Moreaux

Interview with Colleen D'Agostino Moreaux from The Material