Interview with Joe Simmons from Against The Current

Against The Current (ATC) is a new talented pop/rock band from New York. They are :
Chrissy Costanza - Lead Vocals @ChrissyCostanza
Dan Gow - Vocals and Guitar @DanielGow
Jeremy Rompala - Guitar @JeremyRompala
Joe Simmons - Bass @JoeMSimmons
Will Ferri - Drums @WillFerri


Check them out
on Twitter : @ATC_BAND 
on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/againstthecurrentband

Subscribe to their youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/againstthecurrentNY 

Watch this video cover of "Not Over You" by Alex Goot feat Against The Current


This is my interview with the bassist from ATC,  Joe Simmons. Joe told me that they all had a part in it and mainly ChrissyI'm super excited to share this!  

ME : What's your favorite band and band member? are they your biggest inspiration?
JOE : My Favorite band is the Foo Fighters! Love their most recent album Wasting Light. But no they arent my biggest inspiration. My biggest inspiration is definitely my family, hands down. 100% support from all of them.

ME : Besides Bass, can you play other music instruments?
JOE :
Besides Bass, I used to play Guitar in this pretty bad metal band. I also play a little bit of piano. And i can play a few percussion instruments.


ME : So far, what's your favorite moment as a band member?
JOE :
My favorite moment being in a band was when we played a show with Before You Exit last year. It was my first show as the permanent Bass Player for ATC and a lot of my family was there and overall it was honestly just a blast to be with so many good people at this show.


ME : What's your favorite song to play on stage?
JOE :
My favorite song to play on stage would have to be our original song "Mercy". It has such a driving rock vibe about it and I think its impossible to not dance or groove to it. Its just so fun for me to play. We are playing it on this tour with Alex Goot, maybe some videos will surface so a lot of y'all could see it :P


ME : Talks about duet, what band do you want to do duet with Against The Current?
JOE :
Ohhh this is a tough one. I would personally just love to play a song/show with either the Foo Fighters or New Found Glory. Those are my favorite bands, so thats gotta be who i'd go with to duet with. But It would be hard incorporating two bands into a collab, so to make it easier I would pick  Kelly Clarkson or Michelle Branche. Ive been listening to those two since I was a little dork in Elementary school haha.


ME : Is your band prepare for a debut album?
JOE :
Not at this moment are we looking to record an album. We are currently just working on some singles to put out so we have more material for people to listen to and play more shows so those same people can come sing along and have a good time with us, show that were a band that hopefully they can grow up listening to and not just another trend like many artists in today's music scene.


ME : Last one, what's your next plan in music?
JOE : My plan for music as of right now is to just keep playing bass for Against The Current, looking to work as a guitar technician for some bands on down time, tour as much as possible, and keep making music for people to enjoy. That's one of the main reason im playing in this band, to make people happy with the music we make :)

This is the official lyric video of their original song : "Thinking"


They're going to be playing on the An Evening With Alex Goot tour this November

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Colleen D'Agostino Moreaux

Interview with Colleen D'Agostino Moreaux from The Material