Interview with Colleen D'Agostino Moreaux from The Material

FINALLY! It's my first interview with Colleen D'Agostino Moreaux. She's a nice person, and i love her answers, really inspire! I believe you guys will love it too. So check it out. Enjoy!

Me : When is your birthday?
Colleen : My birthday is March 29th :)

Me : Can you tell me a few stories about your life?
Colleen : Sure!  Well I met Jon (our guitarist) at the end of our senior year in high school.  I was chosen to sing at our high school graduation and I had seen his band play, so I figured he might know someone that could help me write a song for the performance.  We started writing music together and fell in love...and have been together ever since!  :)

Me : What's your favorite activity?  
Colleen : Well touring with my band and traveling is my favorite thing ever, but when I am not singing, I love to paint (you can check out some of my artwork at www.colleendagostino.com) and watch movies with Jon or have a BBQ with my family and friends.    

Me : What's your biggest dream and what/who is your inspiration to make your dream comes true?   
Colleen : My dream is just to make a living with my music and get the opportunity to tour accross the world while playing shows with my band.  Hopefully we will get to play a show in Indonesia someday!  Some of my favorite bands/artists are Jimmy Eat World, Thrice, Circa Survive, Ellie Goulding, and Bat For Lashes so I look to them for inspiration. 

Me : What's your favorite songs from The Material and With Beating Hearts? 

Colleen : My favorite song to play with my band The Material is "No One Has To Know" which is a song off of our very first CD "Tomorrow".  It is filled with a ton of emotion.  My favorite song for my solo project With Beating Hearts is "Fall Fast (Blake Harnage Remix)" which has a moody and futuristic yet 80's vibe to it.  (You can get it for free here: http://noisetrade.com/withbeatinghearts )


Me : What's your favorite part about being a lead singer of bands? Do you have some unforgettable moments with your bands?
 
Colleen : My favorite part of being in a band is being able to create something out of nothing. Taking an idea and hearing it come to life in a song that can make a difference in someone's life and help them get through a tough time. I have received some really cool cards from fans that have been touched by my lyrics and it feels nice to know that you art can make a difference in someone else's life. I also love that touring allows me to meet so many new people and travel to so many places I probably would never get to visit if I was not in a band. 

Me : From all of your art works and hand made apparels that you've made, which one is your favorite
 
Colleen : My favorite art piece to this day is the first painting I ever made. I didn't really have a vision for it, it was just a creative release that was really organic and I think it shows. You can see a photo of me creating it at this link http://www.colleendagostino.com/gallery/art-apparel/ entitled "Drips".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Joe Simmons from Against The Current

About Colleen D'Agostino Moreaux